Our roofers understand great roofs. Talking with one now gives you the knowledge and experience to have and maintain a roof that will be the envy of all neighbors. Not all roofers are the same. Here are some tips.
Choosing a Roofer
- Never talk to anyone knocking on your door who claims to be a roof contractor
- Never concede to overly aggressive "contractors" who offer limited time specials, deals for senior citizens or who won't leave even after you have told them you are not interested. If you feel intimidated, shut the door and call the police.
- Never pay for labor or materials in advance. Legitimate roofers generally do not ask for upfront payment
- Always ask to see licenses, proof of company insurance and a list of references for whom the contractor has done work
- Ask for a detailed, written contract containing the price on which you and the contractor have agreed
- Make sure the roofer has a physical address for his business and not just a website address